The San Diego Regional Center is dedicated to promoting the use of person-centered practices with individuals accessing SDRC services. This Person-Centered Thinking Training was developed by The Learning Community for Person-Centered Practices (www.tlcpcp.com) and teaches the principles behind person-centered thinking and provides attendees with a variety of tools and techniques to implement person-centered thinking practices. Information in the training is relevant to all aspects of service coordination and provision and is consistent with HCBS Final Settings Rule, Self-Determination, and Employment First. All SDRC trainers are certified by The Learning Community.
The County of San Diego is ramping up its flu vaccination efforts to lower the risk of San Diegans getting influenza and the novel coronavirus at the same time and prevent the local healthcare system from being overwhelmed.
The upcoming clinics will be open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at:
- Oct. 22
North Central Public Health Center – 5055 Ruffin Rd., San Diego, CA 92123
- Oct 24
South Public Health Center – 690 Oxford St., Chula Vista, CA 91911
- Oct. 27
North Coastal Public Health Center – 3609 Ocean Ranch Blvd, Oceanside, CA 92056
- Oct, 28
Central Public Health Center VIP Trailer – 3177A Oceanview Blvd., San Diego, CA 92113
- Oct. 29
East Public Health Center – 367 N. Magnolia Ave., El Cajon, CA 92020
- Nov. 3
North Inland Public Health Center – 640 W. Mission Ave #2, Escondido, CA 92025
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that everyone six months of age and older get flu shot every year. Read more…
New Statewide Provider Learning Center
Service Providers can now access Learning Modules produced by Regional Centers that provide Continuing Education Units (CEUs) accepted by DSS – CLL. Click on the link to access the webpage.
- Purchase of Service Expenditure Data Public Meetings – The San Diego Regional Center will review Purchase of Service data to develop recommendations to help reduce disparities. We welcome individuals, families, community partners and service providers for your input and suggestions. Select your preferred language for more details:
- Grand Opening of Pacifica Apartments at Playa Del Sol – Affordable Housing Complex – The Pacifica Apartments is a 42 unit complex with 13 units set aside for our clients at SDRC. All 13 units are now occupied by people we serve. Our Foundation for Developmental Disabilities contributed $750,000 towards the Pacifica project.Read More. View the KUSI segment on Pacifica Apartments at Playa Del Sol Grand Opening that aired on 9/26/19.
- Person-Centered Thinking (PCT) Training – As a dedicated proponent of person-centered practices, the San Diego Regional Center (SDRC) is pleased to offer the full Person-Centered Thinking (PCT) Training to the community. This curriculum was developed by The Learning Community for Person-Centered Practices (www.tlcpcp.com) and teaches the principles behind person-centered thinking and provides attendees with a variety of tools and techniques to implement person-centered thinking practices. Several SDRC staff have successfully completed all of the requirements to gain their credentials as Certified PCT Trainers. Registration is available through Eventbrite – the cost is $10/person for those not employed by SDRC. The majority of scheduled trainings are delivered in a series of four ½-day sessions. If you are interested in participating in this training, please find us on Eventbrite by searching ‘San Diego Regional Center Person-Centered Thinking’ to see available upcoming sessions.For questions, please contact Suzy Requarth at firstname.lastname@example.org or (760)-736-1210.
- SDRC Caseload Ratio Plan of Correction 2020 – The SDRC Plan of Correction as required in Section 4640.6 (f) of the Welfare & Institutions Code (W&I). Read More. If you would like to add your input, please submit it by email to email@example.com or by fax to (858) 576-2873 or through US Mail addressed to Carlos Flores, Executive Director, San Diego Regional Center, 4355 Ruffin Road, San Diego, CA 92123. Your input must be received by October 30, 2020.
- Competitive and Integrated Employment Blueprint – The California Department of Rehabilitation (DOR), California Department of Education (CDE), and California Department of Developmental Services (DDS) have entered into a new agreement consistent with the State’s “Employment First” policy and other laws, to make employment in an integrated setting, at a competitive wage, for individuals with intellectual disabilities and developmental disabilities (ID/DD) its highest priority. Read More.
- Community Resource Development Plan Proposal – The San Diego Regional Center, with input from stakeholders, has determined the area of focus for submitting the Community Resource Development Plan proposal to the Department of Developmental Services for Fiscal Year 19-20. The priority for focus is residential services for adults and children with behavioral challenges.
- CalFresh – Information and how to apply. Read More
- The Lanterman Housing Alliance (LHA) – in partnership with the Corporation for Supportive Housing and the State Council on Developmental Disabilities, has created a Survey to gather data on the housing needs of people with intellectual or developmental disabilities living in California. You are being asked to take this survey because of your unique insights related to this issue. Your answers will help LHA craft a statewide strategic framework that will be used by policymakers, service providers, and housing developers to create more affordable housing opportunities for this population.
At the start of the survey you will be asked to identify which stakeholder category you fall into. If you don’t fall exactly into any listed category but you are still knowledgeable on the subject, please identify yourself as an “advocate.” This short survey should take no longer than 20 minutes to complete.If you are a service provider, service coordinator, or family member or friend of a person with a disability, we encourage you to assist them as needed in completing the survey. If you have any questions or need help, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Transportation Survey – Complete the SANDAG questionnaire (in English and Spanish) regarding SANDAG’s latest regional transportation plan. The questionnaire should be completed by clients or parents and care providers who utilize transit systems. You can mail your completed questionnaires to SANDAG, 401 B Street, Suite 800, San Diego, CA 92101 (Attn: Lisa Madsen), or email it to email@example.com
- DDS Supports Survey – National Core Indicator Survey (NCI) – The National Core Indicator (NCI) survey helps the Department of Developmental Services (DDS) gather information about your supports and if you are getting the services you need. The survey is anonymous and answering the questions will not change your SDRC services. People from the SCDD regional office may contact you to set up an appointment to help you answer the survey. They will have an identification card so you know it is safe to talk with them. We encourage you to participate in the survey but you can choose not to participate.
- Reports to DDS – Review SDRC’s POS Data Reports
- Discount Tickets for Disneyland – Disneyland Community Involvement Program – Join the Disney CIP List
- Disneyland Email List – Email ListFor those of you interested in participating in the 2020 Disney Community Involvement Program please be aware that Disney is reviewing the program with an eye towards making improvements in the process. We have been informed by Disney that we can expect to be contacted by them with information on the 2020 program by the end of the year.Once the details are finalized, we will be posting an update on the SDRC website.