The San Diego Regional Center is one of 21 Regional Centers for persons with developmental disabilities in the State of California. These centers were originally established to assist persons with intellectual disabilities and their families in locating and developing services and programs within their communities.
These original centers were established in 1965 under legislation sponsored by Assemblyman Frank Lanterman. The Lanterman Act became effective in 1969 and established the statewide Regional Center network. The Legislation later expanded the populations served to include persons with intellectual disabilities, cerebral palsy, epilepsy, autism, and other disabling conditions similar to intellectual disabilities.
The San Diego Regional Center was the third Regional Center established in California. It serves people living within the geographic boundaries of San Diego and Imperial counties.
- NEW: Changes in Federal Law- Changes in autism services. – We want to let you know about the change in the way you receive Behavioral Services (also known as Behavioral Health Treatment or BHT).
- Performance Contract 2016- San Diego Imperial Counties Developmental Services, Inc. 2016 Performance Contract Plan Outcomes and Activities.
- Performance Report 2015- San Diego Regional Center Performance Report 2015, summary.
- Purchase of Service Data – Total Expenditures and Authorized Services Data
- Changes in Early Start Eligibility – English or Español.
- Self-Determination Local Advisory Committee Meeting - Scheduled for Friday, June 17 (Agenda)
- California Self-Determination Program – Read more…
- Foundation for Developmental Disabilities- assists individuals living with a developmental disability (cerebral palsy, epilepsy, autism or intellectual disabilities) to face challenges in the course of learning, working and living in the community. Please go to the Foundation Website for more information about current events.
- Disneyland Community Involvement Program- Information about Disneyland Discount Tickets, and add your name to the Email List.