MESSAGE FROM THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR:
Read the Special Message from the Executive Director in the language of your choice.
1) Affordable Housing- Free Housing Training on Thursday, March 22, 2018. Come join us as we learn about: Affordable Housing, Fair Housing Laws, Support Services to Live in the Community. Read more.
2) Meet the first Gerber baby with Down syndrome; his name is Lucas! The 2018 Gerber baby is Lucas Warren, a 1-year-old from Dalton, Georgia who is the first child with Down syndrome to be named a Gerber baby since the contest’s start in 2010. Read more.
2) Self Determination Informational Sessions are scheduled! – Register Now
3) Complete the SANDAG questionnaire (in English and Spanish) regarding SANDAG’s latest regional transportation plan. The questionnaire should be completed by clients and/or parents/care providers of clients who utilize transit systems anywhere within San Diego County. Completed questionnaires can be mailed to SANDAG, 401 B Street, Suite 800, San Diego, CA 92101 (Attn.: Lisa Madsen), or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
4) The San Diego Regional Center is in the process of mailing 5000 Client/Family Satisfaction Surveys. We are very interested in your feedback so we may continue to improve in our capacity to serve our more than 26,000 clients. Why are we sending the satisfaction surveys? The San Diego Regional Center routinely (every few years) asks clients and families how are we doing so we may be aware of our opportunities to improve and better serve our clients. Read more.
5) National Core Indicator Survey (NCI) – The National Core Indicator (NCI) survey helps the Department of Developmental Services (DDS) know how you feel about your supports. It helps DDS to know if people are getting the services they need. All of the answers (or data) are put into a report. The report helps DDS learn about what is working well and what could be better. The survey is anonymous and answering the questions will not change your services. People from the SCDD regional office may contact you to set up an appointment to answer the survey. They will have an identification card so you know it is safe to talk with them. We encourage you to participate in the survey but you can choose not to participate.
6) Take a Minute-Relationships Matter- social and emotional development describes the ability to experience and express feelings, for relationships, and explore the world. Read more.
8) SDRC Caseload Ratio Plan of Correction – The Department of Developmental Services has found the San Diego Regional Center out of compliance with required service coordinator-to-client ratio averages. We are requesting your input on our plan of correction by June 24, 2016.
9) POS Data – Reports to the Department of Developmental Services
10) Disneyland Discount Tickets – provided by the Disneyland Community Involvement Program.