If you are interested in becoming a provider for the California regional centers you must complete an application and go through a process referred to as “vendorization”. Service providers are vendored by the regional center in whose region (known as catchment area) the service is located, and that regional center is known as the “vendoring regional center.” The vendoring regional center is responsible for ensuring that the applicant meets the licensing and Title 17 requirements for vendorization, determining the appropriate vendor category for the service, and authorizing or not authorizing vendorization based upon review of the documentation submitted by the applicant.
The vendorization process is for identification, selection and utilization of service providers based on their qualifications and other requirements. This process allows regional centers to verify, prior to the provision of services to clients, that the applicant meets all the requirements and standards specified in the regulations. Applicants who meet the specified requirements and standards are assigned a service code and a unique vendor identification number. Although a regional center must vendor an applicant who meets all the requirements for the service to be provided, vendorization in no way obligates a regional center to make referrals to or purchase services from that vendor.
Prospective service providers should contact the SDRC Community Services department prior to filing an application to discuss the proposed service and process. (See below for contact information). Once the application is submitted with the required forms, licenses and certificates, SDRC has 45 days from receipt of the application to determine whether the applicant meets the requirements of Title 17. The vendorization process is explained on the State of California Developmental Services webpage.
For information regarding services, becoming a provider and/or a vendor application, please contact the appropriate Resource Coordinator listed below and they will assist you.
- Residential Services/Community Care Facilities/Foster Family Agencies/Adult Family Home Agencies/Negotiated Rate Facilities: Wanda Bardwell, Residential Services Manager, 858-576-2966.
- Independent Living Agencies/Supported Living Agencies: Linda Livingston, Resource Coordinator, 858-576-2966.
- Employment: Employment Services: John Filley, Resource Coordinator, 858-576-2966.
- Respite Services/Day Care/Nurses/FHA Homes: Barbara Imle, Resource Coordinator, 858-576-2966.
- Community Placement Projects/Negotiated Rate Facilities/Requests for Proposals (RFP): Lori Blair, Resource Coordinator, 858-576-2966.
- Community Placement Plan (CPP) Development and Resources/So Calif Integrated Health & Living Project: Erin Rodriguez, Resource Coordinator, 858-576-2966.
- Psychologists/ Behavior Specialists/Other Specialists/Therapists/Doctors/Dentists/Day Activity Programs: Therese Davis, Resource Coordinator, 858-576-2966.
- Transportation: Anthony Ferguson, Transportation Manager, 858-576-2969. Jorge Malone, Transportation Coordinator, 858-576-2812.