The San Diego Regional Center is one of 21 Regional Centers for persons with developmental disabilities in the State of California. These centers were originally established to assist persons with intellectual disabilities and their families in locating and developing services and programs within their communities.
These original centers were established in 1965 under legislation sponsored by Assemblyman Frank Lanterman. The Lanterman Act became effective in 1969 and established the statewide Regional Center network. The Legislation later expanded the populations served to include persons with intellectual disabilities, cerebral palsy, epilepsy, autism, and other disabling conditions similar to intellectual disabilities.
The San Diego Regional Center was the third Regional Center established in California. It serves people living within the geographic boundaries of San Diego and Imperial counties.
- Input requested for – SDRC Caseload Ratio Plan of Correction
- Purchase of Service Data – Total Expenditures and Authorized Services Data
- The Future is in Our Hands! – The development services system that affects so many lives needs to be rebuilt, and we need your help to do it! Your advocacy matters. Click for more information on Rebuilding the Lanterman Promise.
- Changes in Early Start Eligibility – English or Español.
- Self-Determination Program Waiver Submitted- The California Department of Developmental Services recently announced that the Home and Community-Based Services Waiver application seeking federal funding for the Self-Determination Program was submitted to the federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). A copy of the Waiver application will be posted on the DDS web site soon.
As required by law, securing federal funding is necessary in order to implement the Self-Determination Program. CMS has 90 days to take one of three actions on the Waiver application (approve; deny; or request additional information). It is very likely that CMS will request additional information for clarification in the Waiver application which will lead to an extended review period beyond the initial 90 days.
- California Self-Determination Program – For information Read more…
- California Disability Senior Action Network – Rights Report on the Self Determination Program Funding Proposal Submitted To Federal Government Last Week by Department of Developmental Services. A major step toward implementation in California. Read more…
- The Foundation for Developmental Disabilities – assists individuals living with a developmental disability (cerebral palsy, epilepsy, autism or intellectual disabilities) to face challenges in the course of learning, working and living in the community. Please go to the Foundation Website for more information about current events.