The San Diego Regional Center is one of 21 Regional Centers for persons with developmental disabilities in the State of California. These centers were originally established to assist persons with intellectual disabilities and their families in locating and developing services and programs within their communities.
These original centers were established in 1965 under legislation sponsored by Assemblyman Frank Lanterman. The Lanterman Act became effective in 1969 and established the statewide Regional Center network. The Legislation later expanded the populations served to include persons with intellectual disabilities, cerebral palsy, epilepsy, autism, and other disabling conditions similar to intellectual disabilities.
The San Diego Regional Center was the third Regional Center established in California. It serves people living within the geographic boundaries of San Diego and Imperial counties.
- Leading The Charge – registration is NOW open for our 2nd Annual Leading The Charge: Collaborating for Effective Services. This is a a one-day educational event hosted by DDPN and sponsorship by San Diego Regional Center, ARC of San Diego, and People’s Care.
- Current Draft of Performance Contract 2016 (Updated) – San Diego Imperial Counties Developmental Services, Inc. 2016 Performance Contract Plan Outcomes and Activities..
- Purchase of Service Data – Total Expenditures and Authorized Services Data
- The Future is in Our Hands! – The development services system that affects so many lives needs to be rebuilt, and we need your help to do it! Your advocacy matters. Click for more information on Rebuilding the Lanterman Promise.
- Changes in Early Start Eligibility – English or Español.
- California Self-Determination Program – Read more…
- SDRC Self-Determination Local Advisory Committee – Read more…
- The Foundation for Developmental Disabilities- assists individuals living with a developmental disability (cerebral palsy, epilepsy, autism or intellectual disabilities) to face challenges in the course of learning, working and living in the community. Please go to the Foundation Website for more information about current events.
- Disneyland Community Involvement Program- Information about Disneyland Discount Tickets, and add your name to the Email List.